Below are 12 popular misconceptions about time management. Do you believe any of them to be true?
- There’s plenty of time. I can do that later.
- There’s too much to do. It can’t be done.
- He/she has more time than I have.
- I’m busy right now so I can let that slide.
- I’m the only one who can do it.
- I can get more done in more time when I wisely use caffeine, sugar, alcohol, or nicotine.
- I should have no limits
- It’ll be quicker if I just do it myself.
- The longer I work, the more I will get done.
- Multi-tasking will save time.
- Breaks? That’s a waste of time. I don’t need them.
- I have no control over the way I spend my time.
Hanging onto misconceptions about our time such as these will ultimately create stress and interfere with our productivity. Talk with your colleagues, partner, or coach to see how these misconceptions are untrue and to figure out better, healthier, and more effective ways to think about managing your time.